The international shipping industry has seen the lows of technology during the initial few decades. Without online portals, smartphones or developed computers, traders had to keep each others’ demand and supply in check. The boon of the internet changed this scenario for everything good while transportation facilities were also upgraded. Yet the frequent occurrence of loss or theft of cargo remained a point of concern until container tracking technology was developed.
Today, the traders and shippers are blessed with almost every fruit of the container tracking facility offered by the logistics. Cogoport is one of the reliable names in this arena that offers the best facilities for checking the whereabouts of a container online. The company uses the latest technology to deliver accurate results which can be reviewed through your computer or mobile screens. Yes, you can easily coordinate with your clients and customers about the exact time of delivery.
How Does Container Tracking Work?
A container tracking facility enables you to keep in touch with the route of shipment of your cargo until it reaches its final destination. This is done with the help of GPS (Global Positioning System) or GSM (Global Systems for Mobile Communications) satellite that helps in pilling over the exact geographical location of the cargo. Few of the satellite channels can also render the rough images of the cargo through micro cameras. This data is received by the technical team of Cogoport who forward it further to the customers. You can easily access the data within a few simple steps after visiting the website through your preferred digital device.
- You can either create an account exclusively on Cogoport for availing the container tracking facility or use your work email ID for logging in.
- Visit the website and select the container tracking option under the list of products on the top ribbon of the page.
- If you have booked your cargo with Cogoport look for the “My Shipments” column on the right side and type the name of the product that you are willing to track. For instance, if you inland logistics of Ernest Norman then write it in the box and click enter. It will guide you to the result in a few minutes.
- Alternatively, if your cargo is booked with some other service provider but you wish to track it with Cogoport for more reliable results, you can easily do so.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “get started tab” and then type your work email ID and set a password to complete the procedure.
- You will need to provide details like the type of container, Bill of Lading number or the booking number of the cargo. Submit all these details and the container tracking facility of Cogoport will hunt down the exact location of your freight shipment.
Exclusive Container Tracking Offerings of Cogoport
Apart from being an overall shipping service provider in the Indian trading market, Cogoport also offers container tracking facility for every trader.
Traders who are not associated with Cogoport can also track their container shipments. So, you do not have to worry about your existing service provider as it does not affect the process.
Track All Major Logistics
CMA-CMG, Evergreen, Hapag-Lloyd, OOCL, Maersk, Safmarine and many more in the business can be easily tracked with the help of the advanced container tracking facility of the firm.
A company that understands the individual needs of traders is not less than a blessing in the shipping industry. The ever-evolving world of freight shipments requires a force of advanced technologies and modern-day solutions to help cope up with the pressure of the delivery deadlines. Cogoport’s tracking facility is one such small service that makes a significant difference.