Employment Pass (EP) is a Singapore work visa designed for highly qualified foreign professionals and executives working in Singapore with the proper qualifications and a salary of at least 4 500 SGD (~ 3 355 USD) per month for all companies and at least
5 000 SGD ( ~ 3 650 USD) for the financial sector.
What gives a work visa to Singapore (Employment Pass)?
✓ The right to live and work in Singapore during the validity of the visa (1-3 years renewable)
✓ Long-term types of visas for residence in Singapore available for family members (wife / husband, children and parents)
✓ You can apply for obtaining permanent residence in Singapore for yourself and your family members
✓ You can send your children to study at local and international schools in Singapore
✓ You are considered a tax resident of Singapore (the personal tax rate in Singapore is progressive and ranges from 0 to 22%)
✓ There are no quotas and quantity requirements local employees
✓ Possibility to open a personal bank account in one of the top banks in Singapore with a minimum deposit
Requirements for the applicant
✓ Completed higher education, confirmed by diplomas and certificates
✓ Relevant work experience in your specialty
✓ Monthly salary of at least 4 500 SGD
✓ Good business reputation (no criminal cases and no court decisions, no bankruptcy records and “black marks” in international information bases)
Recognized expertise of the applicant in his field of specialization – awards, interviews and publications in relevant media – are optional, but significantly increase the chances of obtaining a work visa.
* – in the absence of a completed higher education, it is necessary to prove high professional qualifications and expertise
** – keep in mind that these are basic requirements – the older and more qualified the candidate, the higher the salary requirements).
- A completed application form
- Copy of international passport: The passport must be valid for at least one year at the time of submission of the document for a work visa
- Photo: passport format, white background, made no more than 3 months before the date of submission of documents.
- Education documents: Copies of the applicant’s diplomas and certificates of education. All copies of diplomas must be provided in the original language and translated into English with a notarized translation
- Summary: Resume for the last 10 years of work in English (indicating the company, position and salary), as well as special skills in relation to the proposed position.
- Letters of recommendation
- Marriage certificate
- Spouse and children data: Details of the spouse (full name, date of birth, education) and the presence of children (full name, date of birth)
You can also seek help from professional immigration service providers to get S pass from Singapore.
Terms of consideration
Each application is reviewed by the Ministry of Labour on an individual basis, based on a wide range of factors, such as the financial condition of the employer’s company, the candidate’s salary, work experience, business reputation, recognized industry expertise, and the ratings of educational institutions that the candidate graduated from.
The issuance of a work visa in Singapore can take from three weeks to several months.
During the visa processing process, MOL may request additional documents, as well as ask questions about the application. The applicant’s task is to promptly answer questions and provide the required documents.
Reasons for refusal to get work visa from Singapore
✘ Low salary
✘ Late responses to additional inquiries on the requested visa
✘ Lack of funds in the company account to pay the specified salary to the employee during the year
✘ Inadequate qualifications of the employee for the assigned position or company activities
✘ The presence of a large number of local professionals in the industry in Singapore
✘ Inability to verify diplomas and certificates of higher education