It is a fairly common prototyping process across many industries where a 3D printer is used for saving both money and time. The design possibilities are extended by ten folds where the companies are now able to physically conceptualize their product designs.
The prototypes and designs can be quickly created and hence the reason behind this naming. One of the most common types of rapid prototyping is 3D printing. This is a type of technology that can accelerate the process of prototype creation. The process includes a few steps:
- A block of material is brought to the desired shape by grinding or milling.
- A semi-solid or liquid material is forced to the required shape before it is solidified by casting.
There are a few innovative types and techniques like:
- Stereolithography (SLA) or Vat Photopolymerisation
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Material Jetting
- Sheet Lamination
- Binder Jetting
They are getting put to more use because of their high laid benefits. Some of them are:
- It can save a lot of time and money. You do not need to now pay your external manufacturer every time you make a change in your design. You can do the changes on your own at your perusal.
- You do not now need to wait for months to have your physical prototype to arrive at you. The physical design will get ready very easily.
- The printing time depends on the size of the model. Larger models can be printed overnight at max for your machine to get free by the next day.
- These printing techniques help you to keep your very own design in-house with maintaining secrecy. The workflow is sped up and so is your efficiency.
- The biggest benefit of rapid prototyping is allowing you to test and compare various modular designs to check the feasibility.
Many industries are incorporating rapid prototyping because of the ease of its application.
- Architects and product designers are using this to build difficult designs that would have been otherwise tough.
- Students and researchers use rapid prototyping for their immediate research purposes.
- Businesses can help their new product development shoot efficiently by trying out every possibility before finalizing any.
Lezar 3D rapid prototyping helps you speed up the prototyping process to revolutionize your workflow. It lets you save your cost and time with easier testing processes that help in easy addition while you manufacture.