In every construction site, you will see some kinds of barriers placed in various areas. There are different types of construction barriers available, like concrete barriers, and they have their various functions. Regardless of the size of the construction project, have these barriers in place for safety and security. Before we go through the different types of barriers used in constructions sites, let us first discuss their uses.
- One of the main purposes of these barriers is to keep vehicles away from the site. They keep construction workers safe from a potential vehicle crash and also protect the property from damage.
- They also secure restricted areas from unauthorized access.
- Barriers can also protect areas that may be sensitive to movement or any actions like those that are newly paved
- They protect trees around the site that may be damaged due to the ongoing project.
Construction barrier types
- Concrete barriers. Also called jersey barriers, these barriers are made of concrete that is reinforced with steel. They are often used in construction sites that are along the road. Their main function is to keep workers safe from cars. They also keep equipment secured within the premises. They are typically grey, so this brings visibility concerns. To resolve this concern, workers use reflective markings so people will see them better, especially during the night.
- Safety nets. These nets are used in high construction buildings or structures to prevent people and objects from falling. They offer safety to the workers and pedestrians too. Without these nets in place, debris may fall from above, causing injury to passers-by or causing damage to the property.
- Different types of fencing materials are available, including chain link and stainless steel mesh perth . They show people passing around the area that there is an ongoing construction project and for them not to go near it for their safety. Like barriers, it’s also one way to effectively secure the machines or equipment used in the construction site. Moreover, it keeps debris and any other waste from the project confined inside the property. It prevents environmental pollution and unnecessary dirt in the surrounding area.
- Guard rails. Like safety nets, these rails also prevent workers from falling. They are installed on the edges of the platform that do not have railings or walls yet. Without these rails, your men have a higher risk of falling. It could end up in serious injury, or worse, it could cause death. Again, the people under them could also get hurt if they get hit by the fall.
- Plastic barriers. Plastic barriers have the same function as jersey barriers. While the latter is made of concrete, plastic barriers, as the term suggests, are made of plastic. It makes them lightweight, thus the ease of movement, installation, and removal. Since they are not as strong as concrete, they are often filled with soil or water for stability.
Make sure that you have these construction barriers in place in every project to keep workers, pedestrians, the property, and the surroundings safe and secure.