Moving can be challenging and while the moving company you hire will take care of most of the heavy lifting, you can do your part by choosing the best packing boxes for your belongings.
There are models of cardboard boxes for removals specially designed to facilitate the task and achieve better organisation of the process.
We have listed some of the different types of cardboard boxes for packing and shipping, along with the characteristics and ideal uses of each packaging box.
5 types of cardboard boxes for moving
The world of packaging continually evolves guided by the specific needs of each product to be moved. In the case of moving boxes, this natural evolution has resulted in the following packaging solutions:
- Mailing boxes to keep small items, books, and documents safe
Mailing boxes are ideal for packing various small items, valuable books, and other documents safely and securely. Their strong design, rigid sides, and uniform size mean that they do not bend and are easy to stack and pack. Various sizes are available from specialist suppliers like www.ukplc.co.uk. They are a better solution than plastic bags that may tear or get crushed while in transport!
- Wardrobe box to transport clothes
The wardrobe box for clothes is one of the most useful models. It should not be overlooked as part of the necessary packaging for moving, for different reasons:
- You can transport clothes neatly and without wrinkling as it includes a robust hanger bar.
- It is available in different heights, so it is very versatile and adapts to any type of wardrobe. For example, there is an ideal size for skirts and shirts; another for coats, jackets and dresses, etc.
- Wardrobe boxes are strong and can be stacked thanks to their double-channel cardboard construction.
- Moving boxes with reinforced handles
When it comes to packing and moving the rest of the objects in a house, cardboard boxes are essential. The best solution is cardboard boxes with reinforced handles. These cardboard boxes include side openings in their design that allow a much easier and safer grip when carrying and transporting them.
Many are made of recycled double-channel cardboard, which gives them greater resistance and they are easy to assemble since they have a semi-automatic bottom.
Also, there is a similar type of box with handles made of finer material available. In this case, it is made of corrugated cardboard with a single channel and is a suitable option if the things to transport are light.
- Cardboard separator for boxes
Most people are not aware of the number of things in their house until they decide to move them. It is then time to think of how to put them all in standard cardboard boxes without damage? The answer is easier than it may seem at first glance. Use cardboard packing boxes with internal dividers.
These double-channel cardboard sheets are very useful for organising the space inside cardboard shipping boxes. And they stop individual items from touching each other.
- Interior cells to transfer dishes and bottles
Another challenge that you might face when dealing with a change of address is how to transport the most fragile objects, such as crockery and glassware. The interior cardboard cells are designed for this, as they are installed inside moving boxes and allow you to organise glasses, glasses, plates and even bottles. In this way, it is possible to move these items with greater safety and protection.
PRO TIP: Prepare a moving kit before you tackle packing. It should include the basic tools you will need to prep and pack all your household items:
- Boxes with reinforced handles
- Adhesive tape to reinforce the closure of the boxes (about six rolls)
- Tape gun to simplify the task of taping each carton shut
- Roll of bubble wrap, very useful to protect the most delicate pieces
- Indelible marker to label each box and prevent confusion when opening the boxes in the new place.