If you have suffered from injuries or damages from a car accident that was not your fault, you have all the right to file a claim. Your Idaho car accident attorney will help you fight against the defendant and get you the settlement that you deserve.
However, some factors affect your claim amount depending on the type of accident.
What are the types of car accidents?
- Head-on crash accident.
- Rear-end collisions.
- T-bone accidents.
- Sideswipe accidents.
- Rollover accidents.
The type of accident does not itself affect your claim amount; however, the circumstances surrounding the area of your accident and the level of damage that occurred can undoubtedly impact your settlement.
How do accident types affect your settlement amount?
- Level of injuries – There is no set rule about what type of accident can get you injured more severely. It is said that head-on or rollover accidents cause severe injuries as compared to read-end collisions. Because the type of accident you are involved in could influence your injury level, it could also affect your settlement amount.
- Determining fault – Depending on the accident type, determining who is at fault in a car accident can be easy or complex. In a head-on accident, one driver is usually traveling on the wrong side legally, so it is easy to prove him guilty; however, if you are in a sideswipe or rear-end collision accident, various factors must be proven to confirm that the driver was at fault.
Additionally, you will have to prove that the other party was at fault, which is sometimes very sophisticated to get your settlement amount.
Value of financial and non-financial losses:
- You deserve a full settlement for all the losses you have suffered in a car accident. This must include medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
- While these factors are affected by the type and severity of your injury, your income before your accident and your ability to earn after the accident will also be considered by the insurance company and may fluctuate your claim amount.
- Also, the value of your car before and after your accident will be considered.
- In addition to this, you also deserve compensation for your non-economic losses like pain, suffering, and emotional trauma that was caused due to the accident. This depends on the type of accident and the level of damage you have suffered.
Even when the fault is apparent, it is impossible to get a proper claim if the insurance company does not offer enough coverage. Therefore, you must hire an adequate accident attorney who will negotiate with the insurance company and get you a proper settlement.