Health insurance covers you during medical emergencies. It helps you cope with the rising medical expenses. You have a variety of options to choose from that are valued as per your medical history. You have family floater plans, health insurance plans for individuals, and special plans for senior citizens. In spite of having such an extensive coverage, sometimes health insurance plans may not cover all the requirements that you expect from the plan. In these cases, additional covers come into the picture.
The additional health insurance covers help you in taking care of the extra requirements that your health plan may not cover for you. These additional covers are known as add-on covers.
A rider is as good as customizing your health insurance policies as per your needs. There are various riders that you can add to your base health insurance plans like the critical illness insurance plan, personal accident insurance, and hospital daily cash plan.
Let us understand each of theseplans that will help maximize the benefits of your health insurance:
- Hospital cash plans
The hospital cash plan is an additional cover that can be added to your health insurance policy. It offers benefits in terms of daily allowances if the user needs to take care of hospital expenses or any other hospitalization costs. It is paid by the insurer for the calendar year of the policy.
- The benefits are payable for each day of hospitalization.
- The benefits are increased in the case of ICU admission.
- Income tax benefits on the premium paid as per Section 80D
- Personal accident cover
The personal accident cover compensates you in case of an accident, including permanent or temporary disability, accidental death, and so on. You can add the personal accident cover to your health insurance at a minimal cost. The policyholder’s family gets twice the amount of the policy in case of death due to accidental bodily injury.
- 100% sum insured in case of death resulting from accidental injury.
- It covers all the medical expenses that occurred due to accidental injury.
- Quick insurance claim settlement makes sure you are ready for any unprepared medical emergencies.
- Critical illness plan
Health insurance plans cover you for your medical costs and hospitalization. They might not cover you for all your ailments, and there may be some exclusions. A critical illness insuranceplan is a good-to-go option to cover your critical ailments like kidney failure requiring frequent dialysis, organ transplantation, cancer of specific severity, and so on.
- Covers 10 critical illnesses as follows:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- First heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Lifetime renewal facility
These are some of the rider policies that complement your health insurance plan perfectly. You can use such rider policies offered to extend your base health insurance policy.