Elevators, or lifts, have been around for much longer than most people realise. Created in the late 1800s, lifts have been serving us for over a century, and will likely be used for many decades or years to come. Now, they are found in every developed country around the world, an unassuming staple in high-rise buildings. Singapore is no different in that you can find a lift in nearly every residential, commercial, and industrial building that has several floors. It’s a modern-day convenience that we almost take for granted.
A lift in Singaporeis so common that we hardly notice them, but when they’re absent or not working properly, we notice them almost immediately. If you’re a proud owner of a sizable residential space in Singapore, you might want to consider installing a lift in your home.
Why should I install a lift in my house?
To quite a few homeowners, the idea of installing a lift in their own house may seem a bit bizarre. After all, aren’t lifts supposed to be for more public spaces? It just seems like an unnecessary added cost that can be better spent on other home improvement projects. Because let’s face it, a lift is an extra added cost to any renovation project, and that’s not even counting the costs of upkeep for the lift.
But there are several reasons why you should try installing a lift in your house. Here are a few benefits.
1) It’s great for when you’re planning to maximise the use of your space. The reason why many homeowners like to construct taller buildings nowadays is that they want to maximise the use of their land. Building outward can be impossible in the limited city spaces of Singapore while building upward is more cost-effective because landowners don’t have to worry about space restrictions. Of course, there may be some limitations, but it is generally less expensive to build upward. The more floors or levels you add to buildings, the more you need lifts for your houses.
2) Lifts are an investment for convenience and comfort. Imagine yourself after a long day, wanting to rest and relax in the safety of your own home. Then imagine trudging up several flights of stairs just so you can reach your destination. Sounds exhausting, doesn’t it? Even if it’s just for your convenience, a lift is a worthwhile investment you’ll want to make early on.
3) Lifts bring an increased property value to your home. Not every house has a lift, and they’re generally regarded as a pricey addition to one. A lift in your house is guaranteed to make your home look more luxurious, Because of this, and the various benefits that a lift can bring to your house, lifts can increase the value of your home by quite a lot. Even if you don’t have immediate plans of selling your property, you can be assured that the addition of a lift will make any plans down the road a lot easier.
4) Lifts can be much safer for your house. A lift in Singapore is more valued than stairs because they can be a lot safer for many types of people. In what capacity? Well, if you know people with disabilities, elderly people, or people with injuries, using an elevator may be the only option for them. Stairs can pose hazards such as falling, tripping, or getting bruises or scrapes. Lifts can also make previously inaccessible spaces for these people available.
5) Provide your home with a stylish lift design that also fits its interior design. Just observe the various types of lifts in Singapore and you’ll notice that lifts can come in a stunning variety of styles and sizes. You can even find a lift contractor in Singapore that can provide you with custom-made builds to fit your home. With this many choices, it won’t be difficult to find a lift that will enhance the appearance of your home.
6) Save more time during journeys. Living in a big home has its perks, but it can also be an exhausting experience. You can imagine it: what if you’re on the ground floor, but have something to do at an upper level? Not only is it exhausting to climb up so many flights of stairs, but you’ll also be wasting precious time climbing them when you could easily just have taken a lift that would have shaved off minutes of your travel time.
What I should consider when installing a lift in my house
Interested in lifts for houses in Singapore? It’s not as difficult as you might think. There are companies like Lift Works that can help you in installing a lift for your home. However, there are quite a few factors that you should consider before you get a home lift. While home elevators have been steadily getting more affordable in recent years, there are some cases where an elevator may be unnecessary or impractical, or in some cases, you need to carefully consider what type of elevator you should install.
For example, do you have space for a lift? Check out the building regulations for elevators in Singapore and how big they have to be, and if you plan for multiple lifts, how far apart they have to be as well.
Another example is the budgetary limitations you have on your lift. A basic lift can cost thousands of dollars to install. Fancy glasswork and extra finishes on your lift can up the price by quite a lot. You should consider these before even thinking of installing a home lift.
Looking for a competent lift contractor in Singapore who can assist you in lift services? Lift Works is a company with over 40 years of experience in lift and dumbwaiter installation. Contact us now for more assistance.